Standard: TAPPI T 580
THICKNESS (CALIPER) OF TOWEL, TISSUE, NAPKIN AND FACIAL PRODUCTS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This method describes the procedure for measuring bulking thickness and variations in tissue paper and tissue products.
This test method uses a relatively low pressure 2 kPa (0.3 psi) because of the collapsible structure of tissue paper. TAPPI T 411 "Thickness (caliper) of paper, paperboard, and combined board" uses a relatively high pressure 50 kPa (7.3 psi).
An essentially identical method is described in ISO 12625-3 "Tissue paper and tissue products -- Part 3: Determination of thickness, bulking thickness and apparent bulk density."
|Document Number:||tappi t 580|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|