Standard: TAPPI T 697
ACCELERATED TEST FOR VISCOSITY STABILITY OF CLAY SLURRIES
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This method describes a procedure for predicting the relative storage life of aqueous kaolin clay dispersions by measuring viscosity increase during storage at an elevated temperature.
Viscosity is measured by a low-shear rotating spindle apparatus as described in Appendix A of TAPPI T 648 "Viscosity of Coating Clay Slurry."
This procedure does not describe methods for determining dispersant requirements of clays, nor does it describe dry clay slurrying procedures. It describes only the testing procedures for a given clay slurry.
This procedure does not describe a method for determining the viscosity stability of other pigment slurries or for coating colors; however, this method may be useful for such systems.
|Document Number:||tappi t 697|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|