Standard: GME 00005
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR VACUUM METALLISED PLASTIC COMPONENTS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This specification details the requirements for vacuum matallised finishes on plastic components used for interior and exterior applications on automobiles. This form of finish should only be used on surfaces not subjected to excessive wear and where the anticipated service temperature for the part does not normally exceed 85o C.
Two types of vacuum matallised finish are specified:-
Type 1 shall be of the first surface vacuum deposited type, produced by evaporation plating of an aluminum film onto a plastic substrate. Such finishes may be used for interior applications – Type B1 – and exterior applications – Type A1.
Type 2 shall be of the second surface vacuum deposited type produced by evaporation plating of an aluminium film onto the rear (or second) surface of a transparent plastic base. Such finishes may be used for interior applications - Type B2 – and exterior applications – Type A2.
|Organization:||General Motors Europe|
|Document Number:||gme 00005|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|GME 00005||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 1979-06-01||Revision: 1||Status: INAC|