Standard: NFPA 261
STANDARD METHOD OF TEST FOR DETERMINING RESISTANCE OF MOCK-UP UPHOLSTERED FURNITURE MATERIAL ASSEMBLIES TO IGNITION BY SMOLDERING CIGARETTES
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This test shall apply to upholstered furniture mock-ups.
Mock-up testing is used in assessing the relative resistance to continuing combustion of individual materials used in furniture, such as cover fabrics, filling materials, and welt tape, in realistic combinations and in an ideal geometric arrangement of the seat cushions, back, and arms of furniture items.
Purpose. This test method is designed to evaluate the ignition resistance of upholstered furniture when exposed to smoldering cigarettes under specified conditions.
|Organization:||National Fire Protection Association|
|Document Number:||nfpa 261|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|NFPA 261||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2009-01-01||Revision: 09||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 261||Change Type:||Update Date: 2003-07-18||Revision: 03||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 261||Change Type:||Update Date: 1998-08-05||Revision: 98||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 261||Change Type:||Update Date: 1994-01-01||Revision: 94||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 261||Change Type:||Update Date: 1989-02-06||Revision: 89||Status: INAC|
This Standard References
Showing 1 of 1.