Standard: AAMI ES60601-1
MEDICAL ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT-PART 1: GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR BASIC SAFETY AND ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This International Standard applies to the BASIC SAFETY and ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE of MEDICAL ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT and MEDICAL ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS, hereafter referred to as ME EQUIPMENT and ME SYSTEMS.
If a clause or subclause is specifically intended to be applicable to ME EQUIPMENT only, or to ME SYSTEMS only, the title and content of that clause or subclause will say so. If that is not the case, the clause or subclause applies both to ME EQUIPMENT and to ME SYSTEMS, as relevant.
HAZARDS inherent in the intended physiological function of ME EQUIPMENT or ME SYSTEMS within the scope of this standard are not covered by specific requirements in this standard except in 7.2.13 and 8.4.1.
NOTE 1 See also 4.2.
The IEC 60601 series does not apply to:
– in vitro diagnostic equipment that does not fall within the definition of ME EQUIPMENT is covered by the IEC 61010 series ;
– implantable parts of active implantable medical devices covered by the ISO 14708 series ; or
– medical gas pipeline systems covered by ISO 7396-1 .
NOTE 2 ISO 7396-1 applies the requirement of IEC 60601-1-8 to certain monitoring and ALARM SIGNALS.
|Organization:||Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation|
|Document Number:||aami es60601-1|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 144.