Standard: TAPPI T 572
ACCELERATED POLLUTANT AGING OF PRINTING AND WRITING PAPER BY POLLUTION CHAMBER EXPOSURE APPARATUS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This standard practice describes a laboratory procedure for the exposure of printing and writing paper to the common atmospheric pollutant gas nitrogen dioxide at elevated levels of concentration to permit accelerated aging of such paper.
This standard practice specifies the sample preparation and conditions of exposure required to obtain information on the relative stability of paper with regard to change in mechanical strength and optical properties brought about by exposure of such paper to common atmospheric pollutant gas.
This standard practice suggests qualitative analysis methods regarding paper stability and suggests the exact life expectancy for a given paper to reach a specified set of strength or optical properties. The limit(s) of acceptability and the test methods for a specified set of properties must be defined by each end user and will determine the life expectancy of the paper to be tested.
|Document Number:||tappi t 572|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|