Standard: IAEA - SSG-25
PERIODIC SAFETY REVIEW FOR NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This Safety Guide deals with PSR for an operating nuclear power plant. PSR is a comprehensive safety review of all important aspects of safety, carried out at regular intervals, typically every ten years. In addition, a PSR may be used in support of the decision making process for license renewal or long term operation, or for restart of a nuclear power plant following a prolonged shutdown.
The review process described in this Safety Guide is valid for nuclear power plants of any age and may have a wider applicability, for example to research reactors and radioactive waste management facilities, by means of a graded approach. However, PSR may not be an appropriate means for identifying safety issues in the decommissioning phase, although the documentation resulting from the PSR of an operating nuclear power plant will be an important input when planning decommissioning.
|Organization:||International Atomic Energy Agency|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|