Standard: IAEA - SSG-17
CONTROL OF ORPHAN SOURCES AND OTHER RADIOACTIVE MATERIAL IN THE METAL RECYCLING AND PRODUCTION INDUSTRIES SPECIFIC SAFETY GUIDE
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
The objective of this Safety Guide is primarily to provide recommendations to governments and national authorities, including regulatory bodies, on applying the Fundamental Safety Principles  by meeting the Safety Requirements [1–3, 20] in relation to the control of radioactive material in scrap metal and metal products. The recommendations in this Safety Guide take account of the basic principles in the Code of Conduct  and the obligations that States Parties may have under international conventions [21, 22]. However, it also provides recommendations that may be used by the metal recycling and production industries in general on the arrangements that should be made to protect workers, members of the public and the environment. Its primary focus is on the control of orphan sources that might be found within the metal recycling and production industries. It also provides recommendations on the control of other radioactive material that might enter the metal recycling and production industries
|Organization:||International Atomic Energy Agency|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 21.