Standard: PAPTAC - F.2
WATER ABSORPTION OF THE SURFACE OF SIZED PAPER, PAPERBOARD, AND CORRUGATED FIBREBOARD (COBB METHOD)
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This method describes a procedure for determining the quantity of water absorbed per unit surface area by non-bibulous paper, paperboard, and corrugated board 0.1 mm and over in thickness in a specified time and condition. It is not recommended for the evaluation of the writing properties of paper where the resistance of the surface to small quantities of water is a dominant factor (such as in writing with a pen).
This method is based on procedures described by Cobb and Lowe (Ref. 1) and of Cobb (Ref. 2) and work done by Codwise (Ref. 3) and Egy (Ref. 4).
|Organization:||Pulp and Paper Technical Association of Canada, Formerly CPPA|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|F.2||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 1990-05-01||Status: INAC|