Standard: PAPTAC - D.28
STIFFNESS OF PAPER AND PAPERBOARD (TABER-TYPE STIFFNESS TESTER)
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
The stiffness of paper and paperboard is measured by determining the bending moment, in millinewton-centimeters, required to deflect the free end of a clamped specimen 38.1 mm wide, through a maximum of 15° from the centre line of the clamp. The force is applied to the lower end of the specimen at a distance of 50.8 mm from the edge of the clamp. The range of force measured is approximately 100 to 49,000 mNcm.
Some instruments have been equipped with ultra-sensitive attachments to test lightweight papers that give results below 1.0 test unit on the 0 to 10-test range. Samples shall be cut 38.1 mm x 38.1 mm to fit this attachment. Measurements made using the low range attachments may not agree with measurements using the full range instrument when used on the same specimen. The use of this ultra-sensitive attachment is not considered to be included in this standard.
|Organization:||Pulp and Paper Technical Association of Canada, Formerly CPPA|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|D.28P||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 1998-11-01||Status: INAC|
|D.28P||Change Type:||Update Date: 1977-01-01||Status: INAC|