Standard: PAPTAC - C.7
LABORATORY BEATING OF PULP (PFI MILL METHOD)
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This method describes the laboratory beating of processed hardwood and softwood chemical pulps by means of the PFI Mill (Ref. 1), prior to forming handsheets to determine the behavior of the pulp when subjected to a definite beating schedule. Physical testing of these formed handsheets can provide critical data in determining changes in refining practices and ultimately the end performance of chemical pulps when converted into paper. For pulp disintegration prior to beating refer to PAPTAC Standard C.10.
|Organization:||Pulp and Paper Technical Association of Canada, Formerly CPPA|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|C.7||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 1996-07-01||Status: INAC|