Standard: TAPPI T 494
TENSILE PROPERTIES OF PAPER AND PAPERBOARD (USING CONSTANT RATE OF ELONGATION APPARATUS)
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This test method describes the procedure, using constant-rate-of-elongation equipment, for determining four tensile breaking properties of paper and paperboard: tensile strength, stretch, tensile energy absorption, and tensile stiffness.
This procedure is applicable to all types of paper and paperboard within the limitations of the instruments used, whether the instruments perform horizontal or vertical tests or whether they are manually operated or computer controlled. It is also applicable to handsheets, with modifications, as specified in TAPPI T 220 "Physical Testing of Pulp Handsheets." It does not apply to combined corrugated board.
|Document Number:||tappi t 494|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|