Standard: TAPPI T 527
COLOR OF PAPER AND PAPERBOARD (D/0, C/2)
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This method specifies a procedure for measuring the color of paper or paperboard with tristimulus filter colorimeters or spectrophotometers incorporating diffuse/0 geometry and CIE (International Commission on Illumination) illuminant C.
NOTE 1: TAPPI T 524 "Color of Paper and Paperboard (45/0, C/2)" describes a similar procedure using directional illumination and normal viewing.
In the method, tristimulus values X (red), Y (green), and Z (blue), appropriate to the CIE-1931 (2°) standard observer, are calculated from reflectance measurements Rx, Ry, and Rz or from R (ʎ) data. Color can then be expressed in various color space systems:
1. Hunter L, a, b
2. CIE L*, a*, b*
3. L*, C*, h
4. Dominant wavelength, purity, luminosity
5. Color difference, [ΔE, ΔE*, ΔE*94, ΔE (CMC)]
Instruments equipped with microprocessors which give direct information relating to different color scale systems conform to this method only if the means of measurements and calculation conform to the descriptions herein.
|Document Number:||tappi t 527|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|