Standard: ASA - ANSI A42.1
AMERICAN NATIONAL STANDARD GYPSUM PLASTERING
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Scope and General Provisions
This standard specifies the minimum requirements for approved gypsum plastering. The use of equivalents or better is permissible.
Where a specific degree of fire resistance is required for plastered assembles and constructions, applicable building code regulations shall be followed. Details of construction to achieve required fire resistance may be obtained from official reports of fire tests conducted at recognized fire testing laboratories in accordance with American Standard Methods of Fire Tests of Building construction and Materials, A2.1-1956 (ASTM1 e 119-55)
To secure, in largest measure, the desirable results of plastering, it is recommended that those who use this standard coordinate its provisions with American Standard specifications for Interior Lathing and Furring, A42.4-1955.
General information regarding matters of a contractual nature concerning plasterwork will be found in Appendix A. additional technical information related to plastering and plastering materials I provided in Appendix B.
|Organization:||Acoustical Society of America|
|Document Number:||ansi a42.1|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 11.
Standards That Reference This Standard
Showing 1 of 1.