Standard: TAPPI TIP 0304-62
CHECKING THE PARALLEL OF CORRUGATING ROLLS WITH “NCR” PAPER
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This TIP describes a procedure for checking the parallel of corrugating rolls in a single facer using NCR paper. The impressions made on the paper by the corrugating roll flute tips are then compared to evaluate parallelism.
Misaligned or out of parallel corrugator rolls can result in medium fracture, leaning flutes, and hi-lows. It can also reduce the "life" of corrugator rolls and the drive motor. The simplest method of checking the parallel of corrugator rolls is to use two copy "no carbon required" or NCR paper. Small narrow rolls are sold at most office supply stores for use in calculators or adding machines. Wider widths can usually be purchased from corrugating roll vendors. When fed through the corrugating rolls, the flute tips leave their impressions on the NCR paper where contact occurs.
|Document Number:||tappi tip 0304-62|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|