Standard: ASA - ANSI C50.4
AMERICAN NATIONAL STANDARD DIRECT-CURRENT GENERATORS, DIRECT-CURRENT MOTORS, AND DIRECT-CURRENT COMMUTATING MACHINES IN GENERAL
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This standard applies to direct-current motors and generators They are arranged under six classifications according to machine size and type as follows:
(2) Fractional-horsepower motors and generators
(3) Integral-horsepower motors
(4) Integral-horsepower generators
(5) Large motors
(6) Large generators
Section 4-2 of this standard applies to all motors and generators Section 4-3 applies to machines built in a frame smaller than that having a continuous rating of 1 hp, open construction at 1,700-1,800 rpm. Section 4-4 applies to motors larger than those in Section 4-3 up to and including motors rated 0.75 hp/rpm. Section 4-5 applies to generators larger than those in Section 4-3 up to and including generators rated 0.60 kw/rpm. Section 46 applies to motors larger than those in Section 4-4. Section 4-7 applies to generators larger than those in Section 4-5.
Excluded from the scope of this standard are the following:
(1) Machines for traction use [see American Standard for Rotating Electric Machinery Forming a Part of the Power Equipment Electrically Propelled Railway Cars, Railway Locomotives and Coaches (Trolley and Prime Mover), C35.1-1962 (IEEE Publication No.11, August 1962) .]
(2) Rotating exciters for synchronous machines within the scope of American Standard Rotating Exciters for Synchronous Machines, C50.5-1955.
(3) Mill motors within the scope of American Institute of Steel Engineers Standard for Mill Motors, Std. No.1, 1957.
(4) Machines used in aircraft or automotive equipment.
|Organization:||Acoustical Society of America|
|Document Number:||ansi c50.4|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|