Standard: UL - 1083 CRD
UL STANDARD FOR SAFETY HOUSEHOLD ELECTRIC SKILLETS AND FRYING-TYPE APPLIANCES - SECTION/PARAGRAPH REFERENCE: 1.5, 22.214.171.124, 8.5 - 8.11, 10.1.2, 22.1, 24.4.1, 24.6.1, 24.8 - 24.9, 28.3 - 28.6, 30.1 – 30.2, 126.96.36.199 – 188.8.131.52, 37.1, 38.1 – 38.8, 39.1 – 39.2, 40.1 – 40.2, 41.1 – 41.5, 42.1 – 42.2, 48A, 54.13, 54.18, 54.18 – 54.19, 55.2 – 55.3, 58.1.1 – 58.1.2, 59.2 SUBJECT: HOUSEHOLD USE LARGE ITEM FRYERS AND COOKER/FRYERS
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
A heating appliance covered by this Standard and intended to cook with oil to a depth greater than 0.5 inches (13 mm) or be intended for operation with not more than 5.3 quarts (5 liters) of cooking oil during normal operation shall be subjected to the additional requirements for Deep Fryers/Cooker Fryers/Large Item Deep Fryers/Large Item Cooker Fryers/Oil Fondues specified in this Standard.
LARGE ITEM - As applied to a Deep Fryer or Cooker/Fryer it describes an appliance intended for cooking an individual food item weighing 4 lbs (1.81 kg) or more expected to cause a large volume displacement of cooking oil.
|Document Number:||1083 crd|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|