Standard: LUL - G0189
ADHESION MANAGEMENT FOR OPEN SECTIONS OF THE LU NETWORK
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This Guidance primarily applies to Adhesion Management Systems for lines operated in ATO. It can also be used for lines where the trains are driven manually. It is therefore applicable to all of the following:-
• Definition, development, specification and implementation of the required Adhesion Management system to enable the introduction of ATO on any open section of the LU network
o E.g. As part of a Line Upgrade lines when first implementing ATO
• Review, modification or enhancement of an existing AMS when
o Relevant assets are changed or significantly modified (e.g. new signalling, ATC or RS)
o A significant change is made to the line characteristics (e.g. extensive vegetation work, enhanced timetable
• The review, development, modification or enhancement of an existing Adhesion Management system due to unsatisfactory performance on a line. "Unsatisfactory performance" could mean:-
o An unacceptablly high number of overruns in service o One or more unacceptably long overruns in service
o An unacceptably high level of wheel damage (wheel flats or pitting)
o An unacceptably high level of rail damage
The aim of this guidance is to outline a consistent and integrated approach to Adhesion Management Systems in London Underground.
This guidance document explains the reasoning behind the requirements mandated by the Category 1 "Variable Adhesion Conditions - Requirements for the Implementation of ATO on any Open Sections of the LU Network" Standard (S1189) and offers guidance on the best practice approach for achieving compliance with this Standard.
The guidance document also explains, where relevant, the current strategic approach to Adhesion Management in London Underground (as at the date of issue of this document). Note this document is planned for review two years after the issue date in recognition of the need to incorporate experience gained from the Adhesion Management Systems implemented or which will be implemented in the near future to enable the implementation of ATO on additional open sections.
Sections of the AMS Category 1 Standard (S1189) are quoted in appropriate sections within this guidance document.
|Organization:||London Underground Library|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 1 of 1.