Standard: DIN - AD 2000-MERKBLATT S 3/3
GENERAL VERIFICATION OF STABILITY FOR PRESSURE VESSELS - VESSELS WITH DOMED ENDS ON FEET
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This AD 2000-Merkblatt is be used for the design of domed ends of pressure vessels subject to local loads due to tubular vessel feet (see Fig. 1a) uniformly spaced on a pitch circle 0,7 < dF/Da < 0,8 as well as for the design of the vessel feet including the plates themselves.
With the above preconditions, the calculation is valid within the limit e/Rm > 0,0003 in order to exclude the possibility of stability failure. No account is taken of forces due to inclination of the vessel. Verification of stability for the end and all components of the foot structure has to be provided for all relevant load cases in accordance with 4.3 of AD 2000-Merkblatt S 3/0. A simplified limit load method is used as a dimensioning criterion for thin-walled spherical shells with local points where the load is introduced.
|Organization:||Deutsches Institut für Normung e. V.|
|Document Number:||ad 2000-merkblatt s 3/3|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|