Standard: DIN - AD 2000-MERKBLATT S 3/6
GENERAL VERIFICATION OF STABILITY FOR PRESSURE VESSELS - VESSELS WITH NOZZLES SUBJECT TO ADDITIONAL LOADINGS
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This AD 2000-Merkblatt applies to the calculation of local static or quasi-static stresses in pressure vessel walls in the vicinity of nozzle-to-shell-junction due to pressure loading and additional external forces and moments. The position of the nozzles is generally assumed to be vertical to the basic shell (radial nozzle). For nozzles located in the area of spherical part or knuckle of domed ends, the axis of the nozzle may be parallel to the axis of the vessel. If nozzles on vessels have a supporting function for the vessel, more detailed considerations may be necessary.
A verification is not required if each of the following conditions is complied with:
- The nozzle is a attached to the basic shell by a through-penetration weld.
- The minimum nozzle wall thickness complies with DIN 28115 for ferrous materials and with DIN 28025 Part 1 or 2 for austentic materials.
- The support intervals and flexural behavior of the connected piping shall comply with the support interval table or the flexibility nomogram of series HP 100 R of AD 2000-Merkblatter.
- The diameter di of the support shall not exceed 0,3 times Di.
- The design to withstand internal pressure in accordance with AD 2000-Merkblatter B 3, D 9 and B 1 shall be based on a 10% increase in internal pressure in which case the basic shell and/or nozzle is to be reinforced, if required.
- The design does not include a verification against failure due to excess of creep rupture strength
|Organization:||Deutsches Institut für Normung e. V.|
|Document Number:||ad 2000-merkblatt s 3/6|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 1 of 1.