Standard: DIN - AD 2000-MERKBLATT S 3/7
GENERAL VERIFICATION OF STABILITY FOR PRESSURE VESSELS - ALLOWING FOR THERMAL STRESSES IN HEAT EXCHANGERS WITH SOLID HEADERS
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
The determination of stresses due to thermal stresses stated in this AD 2000-Merkblatt applies to heat exchangers with solid headers as specified in AD 2000-Merkblatt B 5
Heat exchangers with solid headers (without compensator) may be subjected to loads due to differing thermal expansion between the shell and the tubes. Substantial thermal stresses are to be expected, particularly with a thermal expansion difference between the shell and the tube of
being exceeded during operation.
Taking a as the coefficient of longitudinal thermal expansion in 1/K and the indices M and R to represent the shell and the edges tubes (the two outer rows of tubes) respectively, the calculation in clause 2 can be carried out for simple heat exchangers having diameters up to 1200 mm and permis sibl working pressures up to 10 bar.
|Organization:||Deutsches Institut für Normung e. V.|
|Document Number:||ad 2000-merkblatt s 3/7|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|