Standard: TAPPI T 515
VISUAL GRADING AND COLOR MATCHING OF PAPER
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This method describes the spectral, photometric, and geometric characteristics of a light source, the illuminating and viewing conditions, and the procedures to be used for the visual evaluation of color differences of paper, including those containing fluorescent whitening agents.
This method specifies light sources which are selected to accomplish three objectives: (a) simulation of the actual and illuminating conditions of ultimate use, (b) employment of two light sources which are spectrally very different in order to exaggerate observable differences between sample and standard if any difference exists, and (c) employment of a UV radiator to detect the presence of fluorescent whitening agents (FWA) and assess their impact on final appearance.
This method is applicable when the testers have normal color vision.
|Document Number:||tappi t 515|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|