Standard: TAPPI T 529
SURFACE PH MEASUREMENT OF PAPER
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This non-destructive test may be used to measure the hydrogen ion concentration (pH) on the surface of the paper in books and documents that constitute the collections of libraries and government archives.
This method serves as an alternative to TAPPI T 509 "Hydrogen Ion Concentration (pH) of Paper Extracts - Cold Extraction Method," and TAPPI T 435 "Hydrogen Ion Concentration (pH) of Paper Extracts - Hot Extraction Method," because it avoids the destruction of printed material in the determination of the permanence expected for paper.
pH values obtained through the application of this method to sized materials such as writing, printing, and industrial papers reflect only the pH of the surface of these materials and should not be construed as pH values which may be determined by the cold water extraction method of the same material (1).
|Document Number:||tappi t 529|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|TAPPI T 529||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2009-01-01||Revision: 09||Status: ACTV|
This Standard References
Showing 1 of 1.