Standard: TAPPI T 455
IDENTIFICATION OF WIRE SIDE OF PAPER
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This method describes procedures for identifying the wire side of paper made on a fourdrinier paper machine with a single wire or forming fabric. The term "wire side" will be used throughout this method and relates to the side of the sheet made in contact to either the machine wire or forming fabric.
It is not always possible to identify the difference between sides, particularly with coated and other surface-treated papers, corrugating medium, papers made with certain multiply forming fabrics, certain high-grade papers made from well-beaten rag stock, and specialties made with some variation from usual papermaking practices. Nevertheless, if any one of the following procedures gives a clear result, identification is established.
These procedures are not applicable to paper made on cylinder, twin-wire, or other special machines.
|Document Number:||tappi t 455|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|TAPPI T 455||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2009-01-01||Revision: 09||Status: ACTV|
This Standard References
Showing 5 of 5.