Standard: LUL - G0134B
GUIDANCE ON DOORSETS AND GATES
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This design guide sets out the requirements for fire rated, non fire doorsets, security doorsets and gates which should be robust enough for both public and non public areas to resist vandalism in accordance with LU cat 1 standard 1-083 Passive Fire Protection Systems.
Where doors and gates are provided in circulation areas and passenger flow routes consideration should be given to:
a) the free flow of passengers normally and in an emergency;
b) bi-directional flow of passengers;
c) failure modes of power operated doors
The minimum requirements for doorsets and gates is to comply with standards set by trade associations, individual manufacturers and suppliers, Building Regulations and British Standards.
Doors to Communications Equipment Rooms (CER), Interlocking Machinery Rooms (IMRs), Station Computer Room (SCRs), Signals Equipment Rooms (SERs), and SCR may also be required to be dustproof.
|Organization:||London Underground Library|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|G0134B||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2011-06-01||Status: INAC|