Standard: FAA - 19 CFR PART 54
CERTAIN IMPORTATIONS TEMPORARILY FREE OF DUTY
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Scope of exemptions; nondeposit of estimated duty.
(a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, articles predominating by weight of metal to be used in remanufacture by melting, or to be processed by shredding, shearing, compacting, or similar processing which renders them fit only for the recovery of the metal content, and actually so used, shall be entitled to free entry upon compliance with § 54.6, if entered, or withdrawn from warehouse for consumption, during the effective period of subheadings 9817.00.80 and 9817.00.90, Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States (HTSUS) (19 U.S.C. 1202). This provision does not apply to:
(1) Articles of lead, zinc, or tungsten;
(2) Metal-bearing materials provided for in section VI, Chapter 26 or subheading 8548.10, HTSUS; or
(3) Unwrought metal provided for in Section XV, HTSUS.''
(b) No deposit of estimated duty shall be required upon the entry, or withdrawal from warehouse for consumption, of the articles described in paragraph (a) of this section if the port director is satisfied at the time of entry, or withdrawal, by written declaration of the importer that the merchandise is being imported to be used in remanufacture by melting, or to be processed by shredding, shearing, compacting, or similar processing which renders it fit only for the recovery of the metal content.
|Organization:||Federal Aviation Administration|
|Document Number:||19 cfr part 54|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|