Standard: LUL - G1014
REVIEW OF TRANSPORT UNDERTAKING’S SAFETY CERTIFICATION / AUTHORISATION
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
The regulations require London Underground to undertake a general review and make representations on Safety Certification and Authorisation in order to understand the logic and clarity of the submission. Further a more specific review of the interface arrangements described within the Company Management System is required to ensure London Underground is able to comply with it's responsibilities as Infrastructure Manager. Under the regulations London Underground have 28 days to make representations concerning the content of the documentation to the Office of Rail Regulation.
This procedure describes the arrangements to meet these legal requirements. The following principles have been adopted in the design of this procedure and shall be adopted whenever it is implemented:
• Legal obligations will be complied with throughout all stages of the process:
— All relevant parts of a Safety Certification / Authorisation submission shall be assessed
— Procedural requirements in the regulations shall be followed
— Representations are made via E mail, unless specifically requested otherwise by Office of Rail Regulation.
• A suitable selection of competent London Underground and London Underground Group staff shall be involved; and
• Safety Certification / Authorisation reviews shall be carried out efficiently to provide the maximum benefit, for London Underground, the operator and any other affected party, therefore:
— The outputs of the review shall be used to improve aspects of London Underground's operations where possible – notably as an input to Health, Safety and Environment auditing activity
— Issues presented to operators will be relevant and easy to understand
This procedure defines the arrangements by which London Underground reviews Transport Undertakings Safety Certification and Authorisation submissions to comply with regulations 17 (3) and 22 of the Railways and Other Guided Transport Systems (Safety) Regulations.
|Organization:||London Underground Library|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|