Standard: ECIA - EIA RS-429
INDUSTRY STANDARD FOR CONNECTORS, ELECTRICAL FLAT CABLE TYPE
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This standard defines the requirements for multi-contact, electrical connectors for use with flexible flat cable, conventional round wire, and printed wiring for commercial applications.
Classifications: Electrical connectors conforming to this standard shall be of the following types, classes, styles, sizes and insert arrangements:
Types: Connectors (plugs and receptacles) shall be of the following types:
Type I Flat cable to discrete wires
Type II Flat cable to flat cable or flat cable to flexible printed wiring
Type III Flat cable to rigid printed wiring
Class A Temperature range, -65OC to 15OoC
Class B Temperature range, -65OC to 125°C
Class C Temperature range, -55OC to 105°C
Class D Temperature range, -55OC to 85°C
Styles: Styles shall be as specified in the individual specification for the connector.
Sizes: Sizes shall be as specified on the applicable specification for the connector.
Insert Arrangements: Insert arrangements && be as specified on the applicable specification for the connector.
|Organization:||Electronic Components Industry Association|
|Document Number:||eia rs-429|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|