Standard: IEEE 1051
RECOMMENDED PRACTICE FOR PARAMETERS TO CHARACTERIZE DIGITAL LOOP PERFORMANCE
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Scope and Limitations. This recommended practice suggests a set of performance parameters for digital loop transmission between the user location and the serving office. In the case of ISDN, the user location is defined as
(1) the T-reference point, or
(2) the U-reference point. In the case of non-ISDN, the user location is defined as the point in the transmission circuit analogous to the ISDNdefined T or U reference point.
This recommended practice is limited to user information bit rates of 200 kb / s or lower.
Purpose. The purpose of this recommended practice is to suggest a set of transmission performance parameters to be used in the development of standards for low bit-rate digital channels between the user's location and an appropriate test point at the serving office.
|Organization:||The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc.|
|Document Number:||ieee 1051|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|