Standard: ASME - ANSI B18.8
HIGH-STRENGTH HIGH-TEMPERATURE INTERNAL WRENCHING BOLTS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This standard is intended for use in high strength applications, such as steam turbine work, where fasteners are subjected to high temperatures of the order of 800 to 900 F fot long periods of time. In comparison with standard socket head screws that are widely used for general purposes, this standard covers fasteners with larger head proportions to provide greater area on the bearing surface of the head and to assure greater strength in the head and wrenches than in the body or threaded portion of the bolt in view of materials and other factors involved. The bolts have cylindrical heads to permit spot peening of the top of the head in a counterbore where this method of locking is desired.
|Document Number:||ansi b18.8|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|