Standard: RTCA DO-257
MINIMUM OPERATIONAL PERFORMANCE STANDARDS FOR THE DEPICTION OF NAVIGATION INFORMATION ON ELECTRONIC MAPS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
DO-257A supports the electronic depiction of airport surface situation awareness (SA) maps and vertical situation awareness displays. The revision includes requirements and guidelines for the electronic depiction of airport surface diagrams, ownship, ground path and vertical profile aspects of the display and associated controls. Two new Sections were added: Section 2.3 - Aerodrome Moving Map Display (AMMD) and Section 2.4 - Vertical Situation Awareness Displays (VSAD). Consensus was reached on hazard classifications by removing the Major hazard classification for airborne display from the document. It is understood that a FAA Technical Standard Order referencing DO-257A will further address hazard classifications.
|Document Number:||rtca do-257|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|RTCA DO-257||Change Type:||Update Date: 2000-09-13||Revision: 00||Status: INAC|