Standard: UFC 4-730-04AN
MILITARY POLICE FACILITIES
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Scope of Design Guidance
This Design Guide is applicable to all new construction projects for Army military police facilities, whether for totally new facilities or for additions to existing or found space. Chapter 5 guidance is particularly applicable to projects involving the modernization and improvement of existing facilities. The example designs contained in Chapter 6 are generally applicable to projects involving the construction of totally new facilities.
PLANNING AND DESIGN CRITERIA
General planning and design criteria and physical area requirements for individual military police activities, which are discussed in Chapters 2, 3 and 4 of this Design Guide, should be used to determine the actual functional requirements of MP facilities. Chapter 5 contains programming, planning and design guidance for modernization and improvement projects.
Purpose Of the Design Guide
The principal objectives of this Design Guide are:
(1) To help using service and design agency personnel develop military police facilities which are cost-effective, efficient and beneficial to mission accomplishment;
(2) To provide the type of guidance that will improve preplanning and early design decisions and insure the development of realistic functional requirements in accordance with current Army regulations and DOD Construction criteria.
While this guide is the basic criteria document for the physical development of military police facilities, it is not intended to provide all of the information required for successful preparation of individual project designs. Supplementary information must be obtained at the local installation level in order to accurately describe functional requirements that reflect the individual needs of local operations and the locational constraints and opportunities of the specific sites or existing facilities.
|Organization:||Unified Facilities Criteria|
|Document Number:||ufc 4-730-04an|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|