Standard: IEC 60068-2-59
ENVIRONMENTAL TESTING PART 2: TEST METHODS TEST FE: VIBRATION - SINE-BEAT METHOD
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This standard details methods for testing components, equipments and other electrotechnical products (hereinafter referred to as "specimens") which in service can be subjected to pulsating or oscillating forces of short duration caused, for example, by seismic or explosive phenomena or by vibration in machinery.
In this test the specimen is excited at fixed frequencies with a preset number of sine beats. These fixed test frequencies are predetermined frequencies, critical frequencies identified by means of a sinusoidal vibration test (IEC 68-2-6) or both. Pauses are provided between the individual sine beats in order to allow decay of the free response of the specimen.
Specification writers will find in clause 12 a list of details to be considered for inclusion in specifications and, in annex A, the guidance.
|Organization:||International Electrotechnical Commission|
|Document Number:||iec 60068-2-59|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 6 of 6.