Standard: IEC 60076-8
POWER TRANSFORMERS - APPLICATION GUIDE
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Scope and object
This Standard applies to power transformers complying with the series of publications IEC 60076.
It is intended to provide information to users about:
– certain fundamental service characteristics of different transformer connections and magnetic circuit designs, with particular reference to zero-sequence phenomena;
– system fault currents in transformers with YNynd and similar connections;
– parallel operation of transformers, calculation of voltage drop or rise under load, and calculation of load loss for three-winding load combinations;
– selection of rated quantities and tapping quantities at the time of purchase, based on prospective loading cases;
– application of transformers of conventional design to convertor loading;
– measuring technique and accuracy in loss measurement.
Part of the information is of a general nature and applicable to all sizes of power transformers. Several chapters, however, deal with aspects and problems which are of the interest only for the specification and utilization of large high-voltage units.
The recommendations are not mandatory and do not in themselves constitute specification requirements.
Information concerning loadability of power transformers is given in IEC 60354, for oil-immersed transformers, and IEC 60905, for dry-type transformers.
Guidance for impulse testing of power transformers is given in IEC 60722.
|Organization:||International Electrotechnical Commission|
|Document Number:||iec 60076-8|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 13.