Standard: RTCA DO-227
MINIMUM OPERATIONAL PERFORMANCE STANDARDS FOR LITHIUM BATTERIES
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Contains both requirements and general guidelines regarding the design, testing, application, handling, storage, and disposal of lithium cells and batteries. It provides designers, manufacturers, and users of equipment installed in aircraft with information on the performance characteristics and operating and environmental limitations of lithium cells and batteries powering such equipment. Two categories of maximum cell and battery sizes are identified. Category I: Solid-cathode cells that contain less than 0.15 grams of lithium or lithium alloy, and batteries that use not more than four such cells. Category II: Liquid-cathode cells that contain less than 0.15 grams of lithium or lithium alloy, or batteries comprised of these cells. Cells that contain 0.15 to not more than 5 grams of lithium or lithium alloy. Batteries that contain not more than 25 grams lithium or lithium alloy. Cells containing more than 5 grams of lithium or lithium alloy, or batteries that contain more than 25 grams of lithium or lithium alloy are beyond the scope of this document. FAA Technical Standard Order (TSO) – C97 references this document.
|Document Number:||rtca do-227|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|