Standard: UFC 1-300-07A
DESIGN BUILD TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
The primary intent of this document is to provide instructions for preparing technical specifications contained in a Request for Proposal (RFP).
a. Specifically, this Architectural and Engineering Instructions (AEI) will:
(1) Ensure that RFP technical specifications for Design-Build (D-B) construction projects clearly define program/project requirements, performance attributes, performance factors, submittal procedures, as well as other mandatory requirements such as building envelopes. The Design-Build process can be applied to all types, sizes, and complexities of projects. This instruction focuses on the technical preparation of RFP’s issued for D-B projects such as barracks, administration facilities, hangers, pavement, site preparation, and similar projects. The AEI, “Army Family Housing," provides instructions for family housing projects.
(2) Ensure Corps of Engineers′ districts using D-B contracting methods have instituted good requirements in their Design-Build process so that D-B contractors incorporate public laws, executive orders, and mandatory design inputs into the final constructed product. These requirements should ensure all facilities are designed and constructed with the equivalent quality of traditional Corps of Engineers’ constructed facilities.
(3) Identify mandatory Federal, technical, regulatory, fire protection, life safety code, and quality requirements that must be included in the RFP technical specifications.
(4) Establish a consistency in Corps of Engineers’ prepared Design-Build RFP’s.
(5) Provide the Corps of Engineers′ designers with an understanding of their involvement in the D-B process so they can contribute to the corporate approach for D-B acquisition.
|Organization:||Unified Facilities Criteria|
|Document Number:||ufc 1-300-07a|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|