Standard: VA - FED H-08-1 SEC 13850
FIRE ALARM SYSTEMS
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
A. This section of the specifications includes the furnishing, installation, and connection of the fire alarm equipment to form a complete coordinated system ready for operation. It shall include, but not be limited to, alarm initiating devices, alarm notification appliances, control units, fire safety control devices, annunciators, power supplies, and wiring as shown on the drawings and specified.
B. Fire alarm systems shall comply with requirements of NFPA 72 unless variations to NFPA 72 are specifically identified within these contract documents by the following notation: "variation". The design, system layout, document submittal preparation, and supervision of installation and testing shall be provided by a technician that is certified NICET level III or a registered fire protection engineer. The NICET certified technician shall be on site for the supervision and testing of the system. Factory engineers from the equipment manufacturer, thoroughly familiar and knowledgeable with all equipment utilized, shall provide additional technical support at the site as required by the Contracting Officer or his authorized representative. Installers shall have a minimum of two years experience installing fire alarm systems.
C. Fire alarm signals:
1. Buildings identify which buildings shall have an automatic digitized voice fire alarm signal with emergency manual voice override to notify occupants to evacuate. The digitized voice message shall identify the area of the building (smoke zone) from which the alarm was initiated.
2. Buildings identify which buildings shall have a general evacuation fire alarm signal in accordance with ASA S3.41 to notify all occupants in the respective building to evacuate.
D. Alarm signals (by device), supervisory signals (by device) and system trouble signals (by device not reporting) shall be distinctly transmitted to the main fire alarm system control unit located in the security office telephone operator’s office boiler plant fire department.
E. The main fire alarm control unit shall automatically transmit alarm signals to a listed central station using a digital alarm communicator transmitter in accordance with NFPA 72.
|Organization:||U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs|
|Document Number:||fed h-08-1 sec 13850|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|