Standard: ECIA - EIA RS-406
GENERAL DOCUMENT FOR CONNECTORS, ELECTRIC, PRINTED- WIRING BOARD
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This document defines the recommended requirements for multi-contact electric connectors for the purpose of adapting electric conductors to printed-wiring boards, and for the purpose of interconnecting one printed-wiring board to another. It is intended that only those requirements that apply to a particular application need be tested.
Any deviations from this document shall be considered as negotiable.
Purpose: The intent of this document is to provide guidelines by which the user may develop a connector specification. It is also the intent of this document to provide information to be used in the selection of printed circuit connectors.
Types: The type describes the general configuration and intended use.
Type I One-piece connector
Type II Two-piece connector
Classes: See Table I
Size: The size of the connector defines the thickness of the applicable pluggable printed wiring board.
Contact Spacing: The contact spacing centerline to centerline defines the spacing between adjacent contacts. Spacings indicated are recommended standards.
|Organization:||Electronic Components Industry Association|
|Document Number:||eia rs-406|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 15.