Standard: ASME - ANSI B16.37
HYDROSTATIC TESTING OF CONTROL VALVES
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This standard applies to control valves having bodies, bonnets and cover plates made of carbon steel, low alloy and high alloy (stainless) steel, cast iron and ductile iron.
It establishes requirements and definitions for standard hydrostatic shell testing of Control Valves by the valve manufacturer to prove the structural integrity and leak tightness of the valve pressure retaining parts including any closure parts such as the valve body to bonnet joint and packing leakoff connection but excluding packings, bellows or other moving seals. Bellows or similar moving stem seals shall be pressure tested after their assembly at a pressure to be agreed upon between the valve manufacturer and the purchaser. Internally lined valves and pneumatic or hydraulic actuators are not subject to the requirements of this standard.
|Document Number:||ansi b16.37|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 31.