Standard: AA - BCP
BAR-CODED PACKAGE IDENTIFICATION STANDARD
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
These specifications provide guidelines for printing and applying bar-coded package identification documents for shipping packages. They may be part of (attached to or detached from), or may replace entirely, regular package identification documents. This standard is designed to aid in the implementation of bar code technology for product and shipping package identification to improve productivity and controls for suppliers and customers by allowing effective and efficient transfer of data for production counts, warehouse input/output, cycle checking, shipping documents, forwarding, freight transfer control, receiving, and other inventory controls. The Aluminum Association believes that adherence to these specifications can reduce implementation costs and increase benefits throughout the aluminum industry.
In this document, the word "shall" is understood as a requirement to satisfy this standard; the word "should" is understood as a recommendation.
The bar code symbology to be used shall be Code 39 and shall conform to the Bar Code Symbology Standard for Code 39 published by the Aluminum Association and as specifically stated in Section 5.0.
|Organization:||The Aluminum Association Inc.|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|