Standard: RTCA DO-239
MINIMUM OPERATIONAL PERFORMANCE STANDARDS FOR TRAFFIC INFORMATION SERVICE (TIS) DATA LINK COMMUNICATIONS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This document presents requirements for the aircraft equipment associated with Traffic Information Service Data Link (TISDL) communications. The TIS data link function is intended to improve the safety and efficiency of “see and avoid” flight by providing pilots with automatic display of nearby traffic and warnings of any potentially threatening conditions. The source of TIS information is the file of aircraft tracks maintained by the ground Mode S sensor providing coverage for a region of airspace. TIS generates alerts for any traffic aircraft in Mode S coverage that carry a transponder (ATCRBS or Mode S). TIS provides traffic advisories similar to those of TCAS-1, but does not provide resolution advisories. Section 1 provides information and assumptions needed to understand the rationale for equipment characteristics and requirements. Section 2 contains the minimum performance standards for the equipment. Section 3 describes the performance required of the installed equipment and Section 4 describes the operational performance characteristics for equipment installations.
|Document Number:||rtca do-239|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
Standards That Reference This Standard
Showing 4 of 4.