Standard: IEEE - ANSI N45.2.4
INSTALLATION, INSPECTION, AND TESTING REQUIREMENTS FOR INSTRUMENTATION, AND ELECTRIC EQUIPMENT DURING THE CONSTRUCTION OF NUCLEAR POWER GENERATING STATIONS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This standard sets forth the requirements for installation, inspection, and testing of Class I and Class IE electric power, instrumentation, and control equipment and systems during the construction phase of a nuclear power generating station. These requirements are intended to assure that only materials and equipment of acceptable quality are incorporated into the plant, that quality is maintained and quality workmanship prevails throughout the construction process, and that completed installations conform to specified requirements, so as to promote public safety, prevent accidents and mitigate the consequences of accidents if they occur, and provide a high degree of plant reliability.
In addition to the Class I and Class IE systems, the requirements also apply to the following auxiliary equipment that are a part thereof.
(1) Connecting cables and raceways
(2) Electric and instrumentation containment penetrations
(3) Instrumentation sensing lines from the process root valves to and including input transducers
(4) Primary sensing devices (for example, orifices, flow nozzles, venturi tubes, and reference columns)
(5) Pneumatic instrumentation
(6) Output control transducers, including tubing and piping
(7) Fluid systems associated with standby generators and transformer cooling systems
(8) Switchgear fluid systems
(9) Panels, enclosures, and mountings
These requirements may also be extended to other appropriate parts of nuclear power generating stations when specified in contract documents.
This standard does not set forth specific requirements for the following, though related to the above equipment and systems:
(1) Inspection or testing, or both, of welds
(2) Cleaning and flushing of instrument sensing lines
(3) Aligning or verifying alignment, or both, of Class I rotating equipment
(4) Verifying structual integrity of support for Class I or Class IE electric equipment
For applicable codes on the above refer to Section 9.
|Organization:||The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc.|
|Document Number:||ansi n45.2.4|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 50.