Standard: UFC 3-190-01FA
JOINT SEALING FOR BUILDINGS
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This manual describes joint configurations and the selection and use of sealants, backing, bond breakers and primers for joints in various construction materials and in various environments. Design procedure is limited to joints between parallel materials and does not include structural design of joints. This manual supplements ASTM C 1193 which covers joint design, sealants, primers, backing and bond breakers, as well as the application and tooling of sealants.
This manual provides criteria for the design of building joints and for the selection of sealants to prevent entry of water, air, dust, light, or sound through the joints.
|Organization:||Unified Facilities Criteria|
|Document Number:||ufc 3-190-01fa|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|