Standard: IEC 60034-5
ROTATING ELECTRICAL MACHINES – PART 5: DEGREES OF PROTECTION PROVIDED BY THE INTEGRAL DESIGN OF ROTATING ELECTRICAL MACHINES (IP CODE) – CLASSIFICATION
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Scope and object
This International Standard applies to the classification of degrees of protection provided by enclosures for rotating electrical machines. It defines the requirements for protective enclosures that are in all other respects suitable for their intended use and which, from the point of view of materials and workmanship, ensure that the properties dealt with in this standard are maintained under normal conditions of use.
This standard does not specify:
• degrees of protection against mechanical damage of the machine, or conditions such as moisture (produced for example by condensation), corrosive dust and vapour, fungus or vermin;
• types of protection of machines for use in a potentially explosive (dust, vapour) environment.
In certain applications (such as agricultural or domestic appliances), more extensive precautions against accidental or deliberate contact may be specified.
This standard gives definitions for standard degrees of protection provided by enclosures applicable to rotating electrical machines as regards the:
a) protection of persons against contacts with or approach to live parts and against contact with moving parts (other than smooth rotating shafts and the like) inside the enclosure and protection of the machine against ingress of solid foreign objects;
b) protection of machines against the harmful effects due to ingress of water.
It gives designations for these protective degrees and tests to be performed to check that the machines meet the requirements of this standard.
|Organization:||International Electrotechnical Commission|
|Document Number:||iec 60034-5|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|IEC 60034-5||Change Type: A1||Revision: 4.0||Status: INAC|
|IEC 60034-5||Change Type: A1||Update Date: 2000-12-01||Revision: 4.0||Status: INAC|
|IEC 60034-5||Change Type: COR||Revision: 4.0||Status: INAC|
|IEC 60034-5||Change Type:||Update Date: 2000-12-01||Revision: 4.0||Status: INAC|
|IEC 60034-5||Change Type:||Update Date: 1991-01-01||Revision: 3.0||Status: INAC|
|IEC 60034-5||Change Type:||Revision: 81||Status: INAC|