Standard: UFC 3-430-01FA
HEATING AND COOLING DISTRIBUTION SYSTEMS
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
PURPOSE AND SCOPE.
This document provides criteria and guidance for the design and construction of heating and cooling distribution systems and supplements information in the "Notes to the Designer" of the guide specifications. These distribution systems include Heat Distribution Systems in Concrete Trenches, Pre-engineered Underground Heat Distribution Systems, Prefabricated Underground Heating/Cooling Distribution Systems, and Aboveground Heat Distribution Systems. The mediums used in these distribution systems, as defined by the Department of Defense (DoD), include:
a. High temperature hot water (HTHW) (251 deg. F to 450 deg. F)
b. Low temperature hot water (LTHW) (150 deg. F to 250 deg. F)
c. Low pressure steam systems (up to 15 psig)
d. High pressure steam systems (over 15 psig)
e. Condensate return systems (up to 200 deg. F)
f. Chilled water systems.
These instructions are applicable to all \2\ DoD agencies /2/ and their contractors involved in the design and construction of heating and cooling distribution systems.
|Organization:||Unified Facilities Criteria|
|Document Number:||ufc 3-430-01fa|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 9 of 9.