Standard: UFC 3-490-03FA
HIGH-PRESSURE GAS AND CRYOGENIC SYSTEMS
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Purpose and scope.
This manual provides guidance applicable to the design of high-pressure gas and cryogenic systems. The intent is to supply the user with a relevant and current list of references to handbooks and codes and to highlight the design considerations. Where possible, data and guidance are offered in tabular form for easy access. Examples are specifically excluded so that the designer will be forced to use the latest versions of the cited references which contain, among other things, detailed solutions to standard problems displaying limitations and caveats. A reference list is given in appendix A. Trade names for various products have been used in the manual to afford the designer the descriptive information generally associated with such names. A table equating trade and generic names is shown in appendix B. A selected bibliography is also provided in appendix C.
For the purposes of this manual high-pressure gases are taken to be those with pressures generally greater than 1000 psi. However, for completeness, some data will be offered pertaining to pressures less than that value.
|Organization:||Unified Facilities Criteria|
|Document Number:||ufc 3-490-03fa|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|