Standard: NFPA - 230
STANDARD FOR THE FIRE PROTECTION OF STORAGE
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This standard shall apply to the indoor and outdoor storage of materials representing the broad range of combustibles, including plastics, forest products, rubber tires, scrap tires, baled cotton, and roll paper.
Storage configurations included in the scope of this standard shall include palletized storage, solid-piled storage, and storage in bin boxes, on shelves, or on racks.
Outside storage configurations of forest products included in the scope of this standard shall include stacked storage, piles, and cold decks.
This standard shall not apply to the following:
(1) Unsprinklered buildings, except the following :
(a) Buildings containing baled cotton storage
(b) Certain rack storage arrangements protected by high-expansion foam systems in accordance with this standard.
(2) Storage of commodities that, with their packaging and storage aids, would be classified as noncombustible
(3) Unpackaged bulk materials such as grain, coal, or similar commodities but excluding wood chips and sawdust, which are addressed in Section 11.6
(4) Inside or outside storage of commodities covered by other NFPA standards, except where specifically mentioned herein (e.g., pyroxylin plastics)
(5) Storage of high-hazard materials covered by other NFPA standards, except where specifically mentioned herein
(6) Storage on plastic shelves on racks
(7) Miscellaneous tire storage
(8) Forest products stored on piers, wharves, and raised platforms, as addressed in NFPA 307, Standard for the Construction and Fire Protection of Marine Terminals, Piers, and Wharves
|Organization:||National Fire Protection Association|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|NFPA 230||Change Type:||Update Date: 1999-08-13||Revision: 99||Status: INAC|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 36.view more