Standard: IEEE 1119
GUIDE FOR FENCE SAFETY CLEARANCES IN ELECTRIC-SUPPLY STATIONS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This guide presents a method for providing fence safety clearances for electricsupply stations. The guide applies to electricsupply stations with voltage between phases up to and including 765 000 V. It is recognized that this guide illustrates only one physical situation, and the user may be confronted with other physical parameters, in which case the intent of the guide should be appropriately applied.
The purpose of this guide is to provide design guidance for the location of fences with respect to live parts within an electric-supply station. The intent of the fence safety clearance is to provide a reasonable safety clearance zone so that someone inserting an object through the electric-supply station fence should not contact live parts or come close enough to the live parts to violate the required live part to ground clearance and cause a flashover to occur. The safety clearance zone is necessary to minimize a possible hazard to anyone on the outside of an electric-supply station fence.
|Organization:||The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc.|
|Document Number:||ieee 1119|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|