Standard: IEEE 1076.3
STANDARD VHDL SYNTHESIS PACKAGES
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This standard defines standard practices for synthesizing binary digital electronic circuits from VHDL source code. It includes the following:
a) The hardware interpretation of values belonging to the BIT and BOOLEAN types defined by IEEE Std 1076-1993 and to the STD_ULOGIC type defined by IEEE Std 1164-1993.
b) A function (STD_MATCH) that provides "don't care" or "wild card" testing of values based on the STD_ULOGIC type.
c) Standard functions for representing sensitivity to the edge of a signal.
d) Two packages that define vector types for representing signed and unsigned arithmetic values, and that define arithmetic, shift, and type conversion operations on those types.
This standard is designed for use with IEEE Std 1076-1993. Modifications that may be made to the packages for use with the previous edition, IEEE Std 1076-1987, are described in 7.2.
|Organization:||The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc.|
|Document Number:||ieee 1076.3|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|IEEE 1076.3||Change Type:||Revision: 95||Status: INAC|