Standard: IEC 60068-2-74
ENVIRONMENTAL TESTING - PART 2: TESTS - TEST XC: FLUID CONTAMINATION
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This part of IEC 60068 gives a method of test which provides a standard procedure to determine the ability of components, equipments or their constituent materials, hereinafter referred to as specimen, to withstand accidental contact with fluids, without being unacceptably affected.
The fluids listed in this part of IEC 60068 are representative of those commonly encountered in operational applications. It is not intended that a specimen should be exposed to all, or even any of them. Nor is the list intended to be complete; fluids not listed and for which a test is appropriate should be included in the relevant specification. Guidance is given in annex A on the choice of test fluids, specimens and severities.
These tests are not intended to demonstrate the suitability of components or equipments to perform in continuous contact with a fluid, e.g. an immersed fuel pump. Nor are they a test to demonstrate immunity from electrolytic corrosion.
|Organization:||International Electrotechnical Commission|
|Document Number:||iec 60068-2-74|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 24.
Standards That Reference This Standard
Showing 10 of 39.